7 Reasons to Use Coconut Sugar

coconut sugar

When it comes to sugar addiction, perhaps we are all guilty about it. But what if there was a healthier and more natural ingredient that could satisfy our sweet cravings? As it turns out, there’s actually an answer to that – coconut sugar.

So what is coconut sugar? Well, it might not ring a bell, but truth be told, it has been widely used in various recipes nowadays due to the many benefits it gives. Here are 7 reasons you should be using coconut sugar today.

1. It is rich in minerals.

Coconut sugar contains lots of minerals, such as calcium, iron and zinc, which are known to provide health benefits like stronger bones.

2. It contains electrolytes.

Loaded with magnesium, sodium, and potassium, this natural sweetener helps regular the water content in the body. It also aids in muscle, nerve, and heart functions. Compared to the ordinary table sugar, this one has about 400 times more potassium.

3. It supports the immune system.

This sugar has vitamin C that is known to boost the immune system, preventing you from getting sick.

4. It has raw antioxidants.

Considered as a raw food, coconut sugar is obtained from the coconut sap, which is rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants effectively fight off the oxidation of cells in the body, keeping you looking fresh and young.

5. It has short-chain fatty acids.

Coconut sugar is packed with healthy fats that help prevent heart diseases and high cholesterol.

6. It contains only 75% sucrose.

Unlike the ordinary table sugar, which is pure sucrose, this sugar only has 75%. The other 25% is made up of other good stuff like fiber.

7. It has a low-glycemic index.

Coco sugar has a glycemic index of 35, which is a bit closer to those naturally found in fruits, which is 25. Ordinary table sugar has 65.

Knowing all these good reasons to use coconut sugar, would you consider stocking it in your kitchen? Well, it’s really up to you. But if you’re uncertain about how to use it, you can always begin by combining it with brown sugar until you finally get the right mix. As soon as you’re confident in using it, then try it with various coconut sugar recipes.

You may also like...