Because of certain diet fads, we hear a lot about this natural sweetener called coconut sugar. Well, as humans, we can’t help but get curious about this product. What’s so special about it that the whole world wants to use it in their recipes?
Here at Free Coconut Recipes, we don’t want to miss anything, especially when it concerns coconuts. So, we decided to investigate what’s with all the hype. In our kitchen, we decided to try experiment with this sweet and healthy ingredient and created this very basic coconut sugar cookie recipe that anybody can do!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
What You Need
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp. organic coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsps. butter (stored at room temperature)
What to Do
- Before anything else, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. And then, take a baking sheet and line it with a parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg, vanilla extract, butter, and coconut sugar. Mix well.
- When the desired consistency is achieved, sprinkle with baking soda, flour, and salt on top. Beat carefully until combined.
- Now, using a spoon, scoop tablespoonfuls off the dough onto the baking sheet you prepared. Bake for at least 10 minutes until the top of the cookies appear crisp and dry.
- Allow to cool on the pan for one minute.
- Transfer the cookies into a cooling rack and let it cool completely.
- Serve with milk.
- To keep its soft texture or to extend shelf life, store in a sealed container.
Of course, you can modify this recipe depending on your preference. Let your creative juices flow and don’t be scared to innovate. Show the creative side in you by molding the coconut sugar cookies into different shapes that the kids will love. Whatever you do, there isn’t anything to worry about because this recipe is healthy and packed with nutrients the body needs.
Let us know how your experimentation goes by dropping comments and suggestions below!