An Easy Coconut Oil Lip Balm Recipe
Are you ready to hear a secret to moisturized and kissable lips? Promise, this won’t disappoint. It is even better than most store-bought products. It’s coconut oil lip balm.
In the next few seconds, you’ll learn how to create this product at home with only four easy-to-find ingredients! And without having to exert so much effort, you can create your own lip balm to perfection and find out why this recipe is secret worthy!
To start with, you will need to gather the following materials:
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. cocoa butter
- 2 tbsp. shredded beeswax
- 2 tbsp. Coco Treasure Unrefined Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- If the butter and the beeswax are still in their solid block form, chop them coarsely. Otherwise, skip this step and proceed to the next.
- Grab a small Pyrex glass or mason jar. Measure out equal parts of butters and beeswax and put them in your chosen container – glass or jar. Slowly add coconut oil.
- Prepare a double boiler and fill it with 1 to 2 inches of water. Submerge your preferred container in the water with the mixture inside. Heat until the content melts. Make sure to keep an eye in the mixture because water might boil it over. You don’t want that to happen.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add in the vanilla extract. Be careful because the jar might be very hot. Stir slowly to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a tub or tube lip balm container.
- Allow to cool. For faster results, place inside the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Your lip balm is good to go. Enjoy!
Of course, you can modify the ingredients depending on your personal preferences. You can add several drops of your favorite essential oils to improve its therapeutic effect. Just don’t be afraid to innovate. As you master doing this, your lips will never have to experience irritation and dryness, ever again!
Now, forget about all those chemically rich lip balm formulas! Opt for a more natural solution with this homemade coconut oil lip balm! Let us know how your version goes by leaving a comment below.