Gluten-Free Coconut Flour Apple Cake
With coconut flour, you can turn an ordinary apple cake into a dish that is gluten-free. That is true. Coconut flour is the key. Instead of using traditional all-purpose flour, use this organic ingredient instead and prepare this Gluten-Free Coconut Flour Apple Cake. Not only does it improve the taste of your dessert; it also provides the essential nutrients your body needs.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 100 grams extra virgin coconut oil
- 75 ml Agave syrup
- 50 grams Almond Flour
- 75 grams coconut flour
- 2 pcs. eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 small apples
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Beat the eggs and Agave syrup until a fluffy consistency is achieved.
- Add the coconut oil to the egg mixture while stirring.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. And then, add to the wet. Set aside.
- Peel the apples and slice them thinly. Be sure not to include the pit. Drizzle the honey over for added sweetness.
- Get a round baking pan with a removable bottom. Grease it and dust with almond flour.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Allow to set. Arrange the apple wedges to form beautiful patterns. You can search online for patterns to follow. The Internet can provide you with easy-to-follow apple cake patterns.
- Bake for at least 35 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold, whichever you prefer. Pair it with ice cream or milk. Either way, it tastes oh so good. You won’t regret it, promise!
This Gluten-Free Coconut Flour Apple Cake is best served as a dessert because it is bursting with sweetness. Although apple cakes are normally flavored with cinnamon for an added kick, in this recipe, you won’t need it because the flavors are enough as they taste. Then again, you can also play around with the other ingredients. Aside from cooking with coconut flour, which is unique, you can try adding lemon zest in the batter or substitute Agave syrup with coconut nectar.
We want to know how your apple cake went. Share your experience with us below! We will wait for it!