Made out of pure whole wheat flour, this Healthy Pizza Dough with Coconut Oil requires only minimal effort as you only need to roll the pin a few times and knead. After that, dinner is ready! It’s that easy.
Simply whip up all the ingredients in the food processor and give it just a little time to rise. In no time, you get to enjoy pizza fresh from the oven.
For the pizza dough:
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 ¼ tsps. instant yeast
- 2 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
For the toppings:
- 1 can whole tomatoes, crushed or 2/3 cup pizza sauce of your choice
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice
- Smoked sea salt
- Fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, yeast, and water. Allow to rise for at least five minutes.
- Mix salt, whole wheat flour, and Parmesan cheese in a food processor. While the processor is running, slowly add the liquid mixture you prepared in step number 2.
- Knead the dough onto a floured surface. Cut it into halves.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into round shapes of about 11 inches in diameter. When rolling, always aim for even thickness than achieving a perfect round shape.
- Brush the outer part of the dough with only a little amount of coconut oil.
- Place the dough on a non-stick baking pan. If a non-stick pan is unavailable, grease it with cooking spray.
- Spread the pizza sauce and sprinkle the cheese and other toppings.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese and the crust is golden.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and basil. Serve for breakfast, lunch, snacks, or dinner! Either way, you’ll love it.
How’s this for a healthy pizza dough recipe? Now, you need not to say no to your pizza cravings. You can already enjoy this delightful snack without that guilt feeling! Go to the kitchen and prepare this Healthy Pizza Dough with Coconut Oil.
We’re excited to hear how your pizza went. Let us know by leaving a comment. Happy cooking!