When it comes to baking, butter is everything. It just does amazing things to baked goods. From adding a salty twist to improving the texture, butter is so versatile. However, this amazing ingredient may not be healthy all the time. Even if that is the case, there is nothing to be sad about because the good thing is that there are plenty of recipes out there that do not call for butter. For instance, these peach muffins with Greek yogurt.
Although the Greek yogurt replaces the butter in this dish, coconut oil makes it taste even better and healthier. Give them a try! Promise, this is so good that it might not even last a day. So, you might want to double the ingredients to serve a bigger number of people.
- ¼ cup non-fat milk
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsps. melted virgin coconut oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cup chopped fresh peaches
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a large muffin pan using a baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients – flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients – melted coconut oil, milk, Greek yogurt, and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the chopped peaches and use a spatula to combine. Be careful not to overmix.
- Scoop the batter into the greased muffin pan.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for at least five minutes. After that, arrange in the cooling rack.
- Your Peach Muffins with Greek Yogurt are now ready to serve!
In less than 30 minutes, you should be able to bake 12 moist and fluffy muffins for your family! But don’t limit yourself to what’s written above. Of course, you can try to substitute other ingredients with their healthier counterparts.
Let us know how your Peach Muffins with Greek Yogurt went. Perhaps you have some other baking tips in mind. Whatever it is, do not hesitate to share them with us below.