Sweet Coconut Macaroons with a Twist
Want to have a taste of something sweet, but you just can’t because your guilt feeling is stopping you? Well, this dish will save you. It’s time to eat your hearts out! These sweet coconut sugar macaroons should satisfy your sweet guilty pleasures in an instant. And what’s great about this recipe is that it involves the use of the natural sweetener – coconut sugar. That means it’s healthier. So, enough of the talks and get your hands working in the kitchen!
Here are what you need.
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. cream of tartar
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 4 medium egg whites
- Maple syrup or melted dark chocolate for presentation (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, separate the yolks from the egg whites. Keep the yolks for other recipes.
- Whisk the egg whites until fluffy and frothy.
- Slowly add the cream of tartar into the whisked egg whites. Continue doing so until soft peaks start to show.
- Still whisking, add the coconut sugar one tablespoon at a time. Do that until the soft peaks become shiny and firm.
- Combine the desiccated coconuts, ground almonds, and vanilla extract.
- After that, mold the mixture into desired shapes. Be sure they’re slightly mounded. You can also grab some paper baking cups and pour the mixture for a traditional coconut macaroon feel.
- Bake for 12 to 20 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Let it sit in the rack for several minutes before serving.
- For a unique twist, drizzle with maple syrup or coat with melted dark chocolate.
Promise, you will enjoy the soft, gooey texture of this coconut macaroons with a twist! Thanks to the unique blend of flavors brought about by coconut sugar and desiccated coconuts! However, if you are confident in using fresh coconut shavings, then do so. It should turn this treat into something even more delicious!
Have you tried this sweet coconut macaroon recipe yet? Or do you have any other suggestion to make this delish even better? We love to hear them. Comment them below!